The presence of Fantini in the mechanics’ field starts in 1914 when Luigi Fantini opens an artisanal workshop for metals working in Tivoli (RM). The activity continues until the second world war and later stops because of it.
Luigi’s sons, Alfeo and Mario, start their fathers’ activity again improving the old artisanal workshop and specializing in the production of parts for industrial machinery for the local manufacturing companies (paper, tyre, cement).
Soon a planning department is opened inside the workshop for the study and planning of systems and machinery for the industrial automation (the actual “automation division”).
Later the company starts the production of chain saw machines for the extraction of the ornamental stone by taking advantage of the closeness to many travertine quarries (the famous lapis tiburtinum).
The first chain saw machine starts working in the quarry of “Bruno Poggi e figli” and today over 1500 chain saw machines are working in the quarries worldwide and currently the chain saw machine is usually identified as “La Fantini”.
Two factories have been built in Anagni (Fr) where now the “automation”, “chain saw” and “mechanics” divisions are based. The mechanics division produces high quality products for customers of research, physics and nuclear field working in all Europe.
A new establishment of 3000 mq has been built near the factory in Anagni in order to increase the department for big working. This new factory is equipped with a heavy carpentry department and suitable machine tools for mechanical working.
For Fantini pursuing the mission means to believe in the following values:
- professionalism in the production, sales and customer care services;
- always pursuing the main goal of producing new products able to anticipate and satisfy the market requirements.
- particular attention to the customer, by offering modern and efficient services in the supply of machines.
- creativity in proposing suitable solutions to the customer.
- punctuality and respect for the agreements.